For the past 15 years, Bryan Short has focused representing clients in three main areas: Venture Capital, Commercial Real Estate, and International/LATAM Businesses. Bryan helps businesses achieve their goals by focusing on their broader business’ needs and not focusing on the client’s mere legal needs. Bryan brings practical, efficient, cost-effective solutions to meet your particular needs. Whether you are an owner or developer of real estate, landlord, tenant, a business owner, an investor, or a fund manager, Bryan can craft intelligent, sophisticated, and efficient solutions to your most troubling issues.
Commercial Real Estate
Bryan negotiates leases (both for Landlords and Tenants), represents commercial real estate management companies, reviews lease agreements, lease assignments, negotiates ground leases and negotiates all documents related to commercial real estate development (including investment, acquisition, leasing, and post-stabilization sale). Bryan has represented developers, owners, acquirers and sellers of real estate all across the country and the world.
Bryan represents companies seeking venture capital financing, companies seeking mezzanine financing and funds in the formation and maintenance of their venture capital fund. Bryan helps them navigate all the difficulties and uncertainties in the Venture Capital deal cycle to ensure that his clients receive accurate, detailed, and sophisticated advice to make educated, informed decisions.
Bryan is an active member of the latin-american community in the Greater Washington, DC region. Bryan speaks and writes Spanish, Portuguese, and German fluently. For over ten years, Bryan has represented a wide range of LATAM businesses in various areas, including high-tech government contractors, supermarket chains, transport companies, construction companies, restaurant chains, and numerous other types of LATAM businesses. Bryan is uniquely positioned to understand the challenges that businesses from Latin America face establishing themselves in the US and in addition to understanding the language and culture of the LATAM region, he brings a fresh, but sophisticated perspective to managing, growing, and nurturing LATAM businesses.
SUMMARY OF RECENT REPRESENTATIONS:
- Negotiated purchase and performed due diligence review for purchaser of $15 million dollar stabilized shopping center
- Negotiated sale of $4 million dollar property as part of a high-visibility development project on 14th Street
- Advised large Australian waste management company with respect to its establishment in the United States
- Negotiated the purchase of a multi-million dollar commercial pad site with ground tenant and CMBS loan assumption
- Advised client with respect to RE portfolio purchase in Belize and mitigated risks related to portfolio acquisition
- Negotiated equity investment for client in food & bev industry, recapitalizing client’s operations for continued expansion
- Assisted LATAM high net worth individual in the formation of an investment equity pool for real estate acquisition and development in the US
- Negotiated acquisition of multi-million site for client office and production facilities